I've been hearing from people how werewolves is on the rise, that more people are playing it. In fact, at the local game store I frequent, the dealers have been selling numerous copies of Mayor of Avabruck and other "lycans." This could pose a problem as I would need to dedicate sideboard slots for the mirror match which would then affect my chances against other popular decks.
So far I'm comfortable running my "Growth" version of werewolves, burning people out in a sense with Titanic Growth and Giant Growth. This isn't such a hot idea with zombies and Selesnya on the loose but I have to make sure that I can beat Thragtusk and Angel of Serenity in game one so that I can have some leeway in the followup games. If the metagame shifts back to zombies then I will probably maindeck Moonmist again. In the meantime, it's just in the sideboard for the aggressive decks in the field.
I played against Carlos' UWR Humans and I lost a game en route to winning three or four against him. The werewolves rampaged against his smaller guys even though I take heavy damage every game in the first couple of turns. He even maindecked Elite Inquisitor which kept me stymied in the game that I lost. I could have blocked it with a Wolfir Silverheart but he cast Feeling of Dread.
No comments:
Post a Comment