Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Increasing Savagery

With the growing popularity of control strategies, I have decided to make some radical changes to werewolves.  First is the four-of Full Moon's Rise to counter burn and Supreme Verdict.  Another is taking out Moonmist completely and relegating two copies to the sideboard.  Third is adding Garruk Relentless to provide more firepower ala-Huntmaster of the Fells by having two targets the control player can't simultaneously deal with.  The last improvement is adding a set of Increasing Savagery to boost the deck's power and to act as a mana-sink since I've added a land.  The deck is now heavily green so Kruin Outlaw and Instigator Gang had to go.  In their absence, I have put in two Wolfir Silverheart as finishers.

The list:

Creatures: 26
4 Wolfbitten Captive
4 Scorned Villager
4 Mayor of Avabruck
4 Daybreak Ranger
4 Immerwolf
4 Huntmaster of the Fells
2 Wolfir Silverheart

Spells: 10
2 Garruk Relentless
4 Full Moon's Rise
4 Increasing Savagery

Lands: 24
4 Rootbound Crag
2 Kessig Wolf Run
12 Forest
6 Mountain

I haven't come up with a complete sideboard yet but after today's tournament I might solidify my choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment