Friday, November 23, 2012

     So I bought the two Return to Ravnica Event decks and tweaked them a little with cards from my own binder.  Against casual decks, they performed better than I expected.  The Rakdos deck was fast, featuring a set of Lightning Mauler that gave haste to monsters like Desecration Demon and Rakdos, Lord of Riots.  Burn spells fried many a mage to a fine crisp which brought back memories of when I piloted Demigod Red some years ago.  The Golgari deck was more an attrition-type strategy, grinding out victories with small guys and then clogging the board with Vraska the Unseen.  Both decks played differently and I had fun piloting them both in lieu of my werewolf deck which was on hiatus.

     Of the Event Decks, I think these two are the best.  They have decent cards, some power, and lots of synergy.  It's easy to add cards and the possibilities are numerous.  I probably won't buy another pair but I can certainly recommend the products to my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment