Tonight at the tournament I will be playing my heart out. I don't want to hesitate a day longer. On many occasions I have delayed taking this action and each time it grated on my psyche.
The reason for my inaction is fear. I don't like losing and I hate throwing away money for no good reason. I tell myself that I am being prudent but I know it is a lie. The goals I've set for myself as a professional cardplayer require sacrifices. So the risk must be taken. I can't receive the rewards of doing well by sitting on my hands. I have to go out there and compete on a nightly basis in order to become the best in the world. The path is clear; I only have to walk it.
Yes, I could fail and fritter away my meager resources. Then again, they will dissipate anyway if I don't make the ultimate investment in my desires and competencies. When I think about it, spending time and cash on my passion for Mtg is probably the wisest course personally and financially. Even if I don't win a booster pack later, I can be happy with my decision to play because I can only grow from this point on, gaining knowledge for future battles and thus increasing the odds of one day bringing home the biggest prize around. Not to mention that after a year of hesitation and doubts, my soul can finally relax.
nice one.. heheh
ReplyDelete